Sahel Academy is an international Christian school located in Niamey, Niger Republic (West Africa). The school was opened in September 1986, initially to meet the educational needs of SIM missionary families. Since then, its scope has broadened to serve many other families in the community.Vision Statement
Sahel Students will be learners loving God and transforming their world. Mission Statement
The Mission of Sahel Academy is to develop students through a holistic education of the highest quality while nurturing a Christ like character and a heart of service. For more information on the academy, go to www.sahelacademy.com Sahel academy is located on the south side of the Niger River.
A few Facts about Niamey:
- Niamey is the capital city of Niger and is located just south of the Sahara Desert.
- The main language is French.
- Niamey is a part of the Sahel desert.
- The Niger river runs through Niamey, right past Sahel Academy.
- The average high temperature is 34℃ with the average low being around 22℃.
- 90% of Niger is populated by Muslims.
- Time Zone: Niamey is 8 hours ahead of Calgary.
- Rated 186th of 187 countries on the Human Development Index.
- Population is over 1.3 million
- Rainy season is June – August